Planning & Community Development

The Planning and Community Development Department regulates planning, zoning, floodplain, and erosion and sediment control within the unincorporated jurisdictions of Grayson County. This department intends to promote the public’s health, safety, and general welfare and implement the adopted Comprehensive Plan for the orderly and controlled development of the County.

Jada C. Black, Zoning Administrator

Director of Planning and Zoning

Subdivision Agent

Clerk to the Planning Commission and Board of Zoning Appeals

Erosion and Sediment Control Administrator

Phone: 276-773-2000

Fax: 276-773-3673 Email:

To determine the Zoning District of your property, please use the Grayson County GIS at After determining the Zoning District of the property, the user can determine what specific uses are allowed in the district by referencing the allowed uses and requirements of the  Grayson County Zoning Ordinance.

Should you have questions regarding planning, zoning, floodplain, and erosion and sediment control, please contact the Planning and Zoning Department at 276-773-2000.