GRAYSON COUNTY CORONAVIRUS INFORMATIONAL PAGE
Grayson County Covid-19 Helpline: 276-200-4654
|Schedule Modifications & Cancellations|
- 1908 Courthouse — Building is closed to the public and all activities cancelled until further notice; Visitor Center brochures are located on front porch during business hours
- Allegheny Quilters Guild Show — Sparta July 10 is cancelled
- Arts & Cultural Council of the Twin Counties — * “The Savannah Sipping Society” (Spring Play) at the Rex in Galax scheduled for June 11-14 has been postponed until Spring or Fall 2021 * “The Hobbit” A Wandflower Theatre Production Carol Waddell/Galax Theater Guild Stage (outdoors) proceeding as planned
- Blue Ridge Music Center — “Malpass Bros & Corn Potato String Band” July 11 is cancelled; “Ley Line & Shay Martin Lovette” July 18 is cancelled; “Bill & The Belles” July 25 is cancelled
- Blue Ridge Parkway — Check website before travel; some picnic areas and restrooms are reopened;www.nps.gov
- Chestnut Creek School of the Arts — In person classes to resume June 10
- Elk Creek Dragway — Racing schedule resumed; spectators welcome!
- Fall Festival @ Grayson Highlands — September 26 & 27 is scheduled to proceed, but check before travel.
- Friends of SWVA — Cultural Center and Marketplace closed to the public; all meetings and venue rentals have been cancelled
- Fries Farmers Market — Delayed until further notice
- Fries Festival by the River — September 19 is cancelled
- Fries Fiddlers Convention — Cancelled for 2020
- Fries JAMS — Thursday night JAM cancelled until further notice
- Galax Old Fiddlers Convention — August 3-9 is cancelled for 2020.
- Goodwill Grange #959 — Reopens July 6 with same hours and rules as the Grant Computer Center (below); books & DVDs available for no charge; extended wifi still available in the parking lot.
- Grant Computer Center — Now open with limited hours; 11-5 Monday, Tuesday, & Thursday; no public restroom; please wear a mask.
- Grayson County Ag Fair — August 7 & 8 has been cancelled this year due to concerns about social distancing during Coronavirus; however, the Youth Livestock Show scheduled for Friday Night (August 7) and Saturday Morning (August 8) IS PROCEEDING AS SCHEDULED.
- Grayson County Recreational Park — , Pool opens July 1; Monday – Saturday 12-6, Sunday 1-6; No pool parties; 125 person limit; No chairs/tables provided; screening before entry; social distancing enforced; 12 & under must be accompanied by adult.
- Grayson Highlands State Park — Blue Ridge Relay September 11 & 12 WILL proceed
- Independence Farmers Market — now operating on-line;Cooking Day on September 4th cancelled; August 7 Grand Opening is cancelled; Wellness Day July 10 is cancelled; Berry Festival July 17 is cancelled; Tomato Festival August 7 is cancelled; Christmas in August August 2 is cancelled
- Independence VFW Bingo — Resumes June 11
- Matthews Living History Farm — Museum reopens June 19 from 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM Tuesday through Saturday; historical buildings will not be open to the public; Tuesday night jam and potluck will resume on Tuesdays @ 6:00 PM on July 7 but check for confirmation before traveling; “Reading on the Front Porch” cancelled for the season; Timeline Living History Event August 22 is cancelled; S
- New River Bell Ensemble — Practices and concerts cancelled until further notice
- Smoke on the Mountain BBQ Festival/Competition — Scheduled for July 17 & 18 has been cancelled.
- Wythe-Grayson Regional Library System — Closed until further notice; Book drops are open; no fines until reopening