PO Box 126
Independence, Virginia 24348
Local Phone: 276-773-2381
Toll Free Phone: 800-752-5117
The Commissioner of Revenue and Commissioners Office Employees
- List personal property.
- Have your Virginia Income taxes prepared.
- Have your Virginia Income tax forms processed by computer thus avoiding mailing time.
- Apply for tax relief program for the Elderly and Disabled.
- Obtain Virginia and Federal Tax Forms.
- Receive help with tax questions and issues.
Other Services Provided
The Commissioner of the Revenue yearly visits sites in our local area so that County residents may list their personal property at a local site, thus saving a trip to the County Offices.
Duties of the Commissioner of Revenue
The most important local duties of the commissioner of the revenue deal with the preparation of the real estate and personal property tax books and tax bills. The commissioner assesses the taxable value of machinery and tools and merchants’ capital, and assesses all county license taxes if applicable on businesses and professionals.
Term of Office
The Commissioner of the Revenue serves a four year term of office.
Click here for Real Estate Tax Relief Program